Private Jet: Lands of Merchants & Maharajas. South Asia & the Arabian Sea. 2019
From sacred pilgrimage sites to thriving coral reefs, this Private Jet Journey takes you to a part of the world you likely don’t know well. Come explore natural and cultural wonders in Oman, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and the remarkable island nation of the Maldives.
This Private Jet Journey minimizes the distances between neighbor nations. It introduces you to some of the vast region’s most outstanding scenery, some of its more exotic peoples, and its most important landmarks.
Greece, India, Maldives, Nepal, Oman, Sri Lanka
Dates:16 January 2019
Type:Private Jet Journeys/Set Departure
On this journey, R. Crusoe partners with TCS World Travel, and Crusoe travelers share the private jet with other, non-Crusoe travelers. This itinerary is subject to change.
Day 1: Athens, Greece
Wednesday, 16 January 2019
• Meet fellow travelers and expedition leaders at a welcome dinner in Athens.
Overnight in Athens
Day 2-3: Muscat, Oman
Thursday & Friday, 17-18 January 2019
• Muttrah Souk, Grand Mosque, Al Alam Palace.
Overnights in Muscat
Day 4-6: Jaipur, Amber, India
Saturday-Monday, 19-21 January 2019
• Fly to Jaipur, city tour including Hawa Mahal, City Palace, Jantar Mantar (UNESCO site).
• Amber Fort.
• Jaipur bazaars.
Overnights in Jaipur
Day 7-8: Ranthambore National Park, India
Tuesday & Wednesday, 22-23 January 2019
• Drive to Ranthambore National Park, tiger and game drives, option to tour Ranthambore Fort (UNESCO site).
Overnights in a permanent tented camp near Ranthambore National Park
Day 9-11: Jodhpur, Great Thar Desert, India
Thursday-Saturday, 24-26 January 2019
• Fly to Jodhpur.
• Mehrangahr Fort, medieval city, Sadar Bazaar.
• Great Thar Desert including camel ride in the dunes and dinner under the stars.
Overnights in Jodhpur & traditional camp in the Great Thar Desert
Day 12: Amritsar & Khajuraho, India
Sunday, 27 January 2019
• Fly to Amritsar, Sikh Golden Temple, Guru Bazaar (time permitting).
• Fly to Khajuraho, Jain and Hindu temples with erotic reliefs.
Overnight in Amritsar
Day 13-14: Kathmandu, Patan, Bhaktapur, Mount Everest, Nepal
Monday & Tuesday, 28-29 January 2019
• Fly to Kathmandu.
• Patan's Durbar Square, Palace of 55 Windows in Bhaktapur.
• Kathmandu including Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath (UNESCO site), sunrise helicopter flightseeing over Mount Everest (weather permitting), champagne breakfast with climbers who have summited Everest.
Overnights in Kathmandu
Day 15-17: Colombo, Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Sri Lanka
Wednesday-Friday, 30 January-1 February 2019
• Fly to Colombo, transfer to Anuradhapura, ruins and monasteries, Bodhi Tree.
• Polonnaruwa Buddha sculptures.
• Sigiriya fortified palace, Lion Rock.
• Dambulla Golden cave temple, recumbent Buddha statue.
• Elephant safari in Minneriya National Park.
Overnights in Sigiriya
Day 18-20: Gan, Villingili, Maldives
Saturday-Monday, 2-4 February 2019
• Fly to Gan, drive to islet of Villingili.
• Activities options: swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, surfing, yoga classes, golfing, beach time.
Overnights in Villingili
Day 21: Athens
Tuesday, 5 February 2019
• Fly to Athens, farewell dinner, overnight in the city.
Overnight in Athens
Day 22: Athens; United States
Wednesday, 6 February 2019
• Fly home independently by commercial air.
Per person sharing room from $99,950
Single supplement $9,995
For more information, to book, or to speak to an R. Crusoe & Son tour specialist, please call us at 800-585-8555.
About Our Private Jet.
We take to the skies in the grandest style, starting with our own Boeing 757-200ER, a versatile and spacious aircraft that works well for both short- and long-range flights.
And it’s all ours.
The entire plane has been reconfigured with just 52 seats (normally there are 233 seats aboard). These Italian leather seats open to 180-degree flat beds, perfect for longer flights or when you want some shut-eye between extraordinary destinations.
Here are other features of the private jet you should know about:
- 6.5 feet of personal space when the seat is fully reclined
- Global Wi-Fi connectivity, in-seat power outlets, and USB ports
- On-demand in-flight entertainment
- Complimentary iPads and Bose noise-cancelling headsets
- Custom mood lighting, spacious overhead bins, and venetian blinds
- Rear privacy screens and personal ottomans with storage
- An experienced, dedicated English-speaking flight crew at your service throughout the journey
- In-flight menus designed by an executive chef using the freshest ingredients
- VIP luggage service—our staff takes care of your bags throughout the journey
Expedition leaders are on hand for informational presentations, insights, and Q&A. They travel with us throughout the journey. Knowledgeable local guides, town officials, and honored guests pepper the journey with intriguing insights.
Yet another perk you get traveling by private jet: the total absence of hassle. The old rules no longer apply. Borders? What borders? Clear customs (your baggage, too) with the wave of a hand. Airport lines? Boarding passes? Tardy flight crews? Inflexible commercial air routes? Don’t know what you mean. Security, on the other hand, meets the very strictest requirements.
Plane, deplane. So elegantly simple.
Call us to start planning
(M-F 9-5 CST)