Private Jet: Jewels of the Indian Ocean 2019.
Come follow the trade winds in the wake of yesterday’s explorers. Enjoy days of discovery perfumed with cinnamon, cloves, and pepper, and ornamented with swaying palm trees and charming old city streets. This journey also exposes you to the wildlife of Madagascar, the sea life of Mauritius, the wild orchids of the Seychelles, and the fascinating scenery of Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and beyond.
Don't miss a bit of it. It's time to get to know this part of the world.
India, Indonesia, Madagascar, Mozambique, Netherlands (Holland), Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Mauritius
Dates:23 April 2019
Type:Private Jet Journeys/Set Departure
On this journey, R. Crusoe partners with TCS World Travel, and Crusoe travelers share the private jet with other, non-Crusoe travelers. This itinerary is subject to change.
Day 1-2: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Tuesday & Wednesday, 23-24 April 2019
• Meet fellow travelers and expedition leaders at a welcome dinner in Amsterdam.
• Time permitting, tour the city canals and visit Keukenhof gardens.
Overnights in Amsterdam
Day 3-5: Galle, Sigiriya, Dambulla, Sri Lanka
Thursday-Saturday, 25-27 April 2019
• Fly to Galle.
• Tour Galle Fort (UNESCO site), observe stilt fishing.
• Helicopter to Sigiriya ancient site and Dambulla cave temples, both UNESCO sites.
Overnights in Galle
Day 6-7: Borobudur, Prambanan, Java, Indonesia
Sunday & Monday, 28-29 April 2019
• Fly to Java.
• Tour Borobudur, visit batik artisans' workshop.
• Tour Prambanan.
Overnights on Java
Day 8-9: Cochin, Kerala, India
Tuesday & Wednesday, 30 April-1 May 2019
• Fly to Cochin.
• Fort Kochi, St. Francis Church, Malabar Coast.
• Cruise the backwaters of Kerala State.
• Traditional Ayurvedic massage.
Overnights in Cochin
Day 10-12: Mauritius
Thursday-Saturday, 2-4 May 2019
• Fly to Mauritius.
• Domaine de l'Etoile nature preserve exploration on foot or horseback.
• Rum distillery tour, options to golf resort's Ernie Els-designed course and lagoon exploration by kayak.
Overnights in Mauritius
Day 13-14: Réunion Island
Sunday & Monday, 5-6 May 2019
• Fly to Réunion.
• Flightsee island interior, volcanic caldera hike, spice and perfume gardens, Bourbon vanilla lesson, Léon Dierx Museum.
Overnights on Réunion
Day 15-17: Madagascar
Tuesday-Thursday, 7-9 May 2019
• Fly to Madagascar.
• Anjajavy Peninsula or Andasibe-Mantadia National Park touring.
Overnights in Anjajavy or Andasibe
Day 18-19: Maputo, Mozambique
Friday & Saturday, 10-11 May 2019
• Fly to Maputo.
• Colonial architecture tour, Baixa de Maputo, train station, Eiffel's Iron House, Cathedral of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception, National Art Museum.
Overnights in Maputo
Day 20-23: The Seychelles
Sunday-Wednesday, 12-15 May 20-19
• Fly to the Seychelles.
• Daytrip to Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve.
• National Botanical Gardens.
• Leisure time at the beach.
Overnights in the Seychelles
Day 24: Amsterdam
Thursday, 16 May 2019
• Fly to Amsterdam, leisure time.
Overnight in Amsterdam
Per person sharing room from $115,950
Single supplement $11,595
For more information, to book, or to speak to an R. Crusoe & Son tour specialist, please call us at 800-585-8555.
About Our Private Jet.
We take to the skies in the grandest style, starting with our own Boeing 757-200ER, a versatile and spacious aircraft that works well for both short- and long-range flights.
And it’s all ours.
The entire plane has been reconfigured with just 52 seats (normally there are 233 seats aboard). These Italian leather seats open to 180-degree flat beds, perfect for longer flights or when you want some shut-eye between extraordinary destinations.
Here are other features of the private jet you should know about:
- 6.5 feet of personal space when the seat is fully reclined
- Global Wi-Fi connectivity, in-seat power outlets, and USB ports
- On-demand in-flight entertainment
- Complimentary iPads and Bose noise-cancelling headsets
- Custom mood lighting, spacious overhead bins, and venetian blinds
- Rear privacy screens and personal ottomans with storage
- An experienced, dedicated English-speaking flight crew at your service throughout the journey
- In-flight menus designed by an executive chef using the freshest ingredients
- VIP luggage service—our staff takes care of your bags throughout the journey
Expedition leaders are on hand for informational presentations, insights, and Q&A. They travel with us throughout the journey. Knowledgeable local guides, town officials, and honored guests pepper the journey with intriguing insights.
Yet another perk you get traveling by private jet: the total absence of hassle. The old rules no longer apply. Borders? What borders? Clear customs (your baggage, too) with the wave of a hand. Airport lines? Boarding passes? Tardy flight crews? Inflexible commercial air routes? Don’t know what you mean. Security, on the other hand, meets the very strictest requirements.
Plane, deplane. So elegantly simple.
Call us to start planning
(M-F 9-5 CST)