Private Jet: Ancient Empires of the Balkans. 2019.
The Balkan Countries grab our attention, and no wonder. Discover Byzantine treasures, visit UNESCO World Heritage sites, explore ancient cities, hilltop villages and villages untouched by time, alpine lakes. It's about time. Join us for a visit to Kosovo, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, and Albania.
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Greece, Slovenia, Serbia, Kosovo
Dates:17 May 2019
Type:Private Jet Journeys/Set Departure
On this journey, R. Crusoe partners with TCS World Travel, and Crusoe travelers share the private jet with other, non-Crusoe travelers.
Day 1: Athens, Greece
Friday, 17 May 2019
• Meet fellow travelers and expedition staff at a welcome dinner.
Overnight in Athens
Day 2-3: Pristina, Kosovo
Saturday & Sunday, 18-19 May 2019
• Fly to Pristina.
• City tours including Gracanica Monastery, Old Town, Decani Monastery and Patriachate of Pec or Prizren and the vineyards of Rahovec.
Overnights in Pristina
Day 4-5: Belgrade, Novi Sad, Serbia
Monday & Tuesday, 20-21 May 2019
• Fly to Belgrade.
• Old Town including Kalemegdan Fortress.
• Ride Marshal Tito's train through the countryside to Novi Sad, touring, return to Belgrade.
Overnights in Belgrade
Day 6-7: Ljubljana, Lake Bled, Slovenia
Wednesday & Thursday, 22-23 May 2019
• Fly to Ljubljana.
• City tour including art nouveau architecture, Central Market, and Ljubljana Castle.
• Tour Lake Bled including boatride to St. Mary's Bell Tower, Bled Castle.
• Return to Ljubljana.
Overnights in Ljubljana
Day 8-10: Istria, Croatia
Friday-Sunday, 24-26 May 2019
• Fly to Istria.
• Go truffle hunting in Livade, taste wines in Momjan.
• Tour Adriatic coast towns.
• Safari in Brijuni Islands National Park.
Overnights in Istria
Day 11-13: Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Monday-Wednesday, 27-29 May 2019
• Fly to Sarajevo.
• City tours, including Bascarsija Bazaar and Sarajevo War Tunnel Museum.
• Daytrip to Mostar to see Ottoman bridge (UNESCO World Heritage site), return to Sarajevo.
Overnights in Sarajevo
Day 14-15: Tirana, Berat, Albania
Thursday & Friday, 30-31 May 2019
• Fly to Tirana.
• City tour, including National Gallery.
• Daytrip to Berat, tour ancient citadel (UNESCO site), Kings Mosque, Helveti Tekke, return to Tirana.
Overnights in Tirana
Day 16: Athens
Saturday, 1 June 2019
• Fly to Athens.
Overnight in Athens
Day 17: U.S.
Sunday, 2 June 2019
• Fly home on your own.
Per person sharing room from $68,950
Single supplement $6,895
For more information, to book, or to speak to an R. Crusoe & Son tour specialist, please call us at 800-585-8555.
About Our Private Jet.
We take to the skies in the grandest style, starting with our own Boeing 757-200ER, a versatile and spacious aircraft that works well for both short- and long-range flights.
And it’s all ours.
The entire plane has been reconfigured with just 52 seats (normally there are 233 seats aboard). These Italian leather seats open to 180-degree flat beds, perfect for longer flights or when you want some shut-eye between extraordinary destinations.
Here are other features of the private jet you should know about:
- 6.5 feet of personal space when the seat is fully reclined
- Global Wi-Fi connectivity, in-seat power outlets, and USB ports
- On-demand in-flight entertainment
- Complimentary iPads and Bose noise-cancelling headsets
- Custom mood lighting, spacious overhead bins, and venetian blinds
- Rear privacy screens and personal ottomans with storage
- An experienced, dedicated English-speaking flight crew at your service throughout the journey
- In-flight menus designed by an executive chef using the freshest ingredients
- VIP luggage service—our staff takes care of your bags throughout the journey
Expedition leaders are on hand for informational presentations, insights, and Q&A. They travel with us throughout the journey. Knowledgeable local guides, town officials, and honored guests pepper the journey with intriguing insights.
Yet another perk you get traveling by private jet: the total absence of hassle. The old rules no longer apply. Borders? What borders? Clear customs (your baggage, too) with the wave of a hand. Airport lines? Boarding passes? Tardy flight crews? Inflexible commercial air routes? Don’t know what you mean. Security, on the other hand, meets the very strictest requirements.
Plane, deplane. So elegantly simple.
Call us to start planning
(M-F 9-5 CST)