The Wall came tumbling down.
In November 2019, R. Crusoe heads to Berlin, Germany, to take part in the 30th anniversary celebration of the fall of the Berlin Wall.
Two great R. Crusoe friends, Kerstin Schellhorn-Piontek and Kai Schellhorn, host this journey in their home city. Kerstin grew up in East Berlin, Kai in West Berlin, and they have what they call a “mixed marriage.” Kerstin is the city’s top guide and an exclusive event planner; Kai, now a professor of political science, previously served as CEO of the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt and acting director of the Aspen Institute Berlin.
Kerstin and Kai pull out all the stops to make this a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We spend time at the Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, Topography of Terror, the Wall Museum, the Reichstag, the Jewish Museum, iconic Brandenburg Gate.
We take a Bauhaus architectural tour. Explore nearby Potsdam’s important sites pertaining to the Wall and the Cold War. And join in the fall of the Wall celebrations.
- See Berlin in the company of two of its most interesting citizens. Their personal stories dramatically deepen your understanding of this dynamic city and its history.
- Witness the anniversary of the fall of the Wall. Be at the Brandenburg Gate on November 9th to join in the celebration.
- Learn about Bauhaus architecture and its impact on contemporary design on this, the art school’s 100th anniversary.
- See firsthand how the city has reunited and renewed itself to become one of Europe’s most fabulous capitals.
- Opt to attend a Berlin Philharmonic concert at the renowned Philharmonie, with Maestro Zubin Mehta conducting.
- Stay in just one luxury hotel in Berlin throughout the journey. No need to hop from hotel to hotel.
We depart on Sunday, 3 November, 2019. For details, contact Rebecca Surles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-490-8015. Since we’ll keep this Hosted Journey group small, it will book up quickly. Don’t miss your opportunity to join Kerstin and Kai in Berlin.
* Get an image next to your comment by visiting Gravatar.com and linking to your email address.