Private Jet: Kingdoms & Cultures of Eurasia. 2017 & 2018.
Veer off the beaten path on this extraordinary journey across Europe, Central Asia, and the Middle East. Discover nine emerging destinations in which storied pasts mingle with intriguing futures.
Spend time in the rarely visited countries of Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, and Albania. Marvel at Persian-Islamic architecture in the Iranian city of Isfahan. Explore Spain’s Basque Country, and experience Portugal’s famed wine valley. Delve into Eastern Europe’s most intriguing cities.
Hurry—space is quite limited on this exceptional Private Jet Journey.
Albania, France, Iran, Lithuania, Oman, Portugal, Spain, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan
Dates:8 August 2017; 28 April 2018
Type:Private Jet Journeys
8-30 August 2017
28 April-20 May 2018
On this journey, R. Crusoe partners with TCS World Travel, and Crusoe travelers share the private jet with other, non-Crusoe travelers. This itinerary is subject to change.
Day 1: Lisbon, Portugal
• Arrive independently in Lisbon.
• Meet experts, staff, and fellow travelers at a welcome dinner.
Overnight at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz.
Day 2-3: Vilnius, Lake Galve, Lithuania
• Fly to Vilnius.
• Tour old town (UNESCO World Heritage site) including St. Anne’s Church, Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, and the Gate of Dawn.
Overnights at Kempinski Hotel Cathedral Square.
Day 4-5: Bishkek, Chuy Valley, Kyrgyzstan
• Fly to Bishkek, old city tour including Ali-Too Square, State Historical Museum, changing of the guards, Independence Monument, Osh Bazaar.
• Daytrip to Chuy Valley including Burana Tower and Turkic tombstones.
Overnights at Hyatt Regency Bishkek.
Day 6-7: Astana, Kazakhstan
• Fly to Astana, Bayterek Monument, Palace of Peace and Reconciliation, old synagogue, Ishim River cruise. Please Note:In 2018, the journey goes to Ashgabat, Turkmenistan, rather than Kazakhstan, with a side trip to the Oasis of Merv.
Overnights at St. Regis Astana or Ritz-Carlton Astana.
Day 8-10: Isfahan, Kashan, Iran
• Fly to Iran, Isfahan including Naqsh-e Jahan Square (UNESCO site), Masjed e-Shah, Ali Qapu Palace.
• Daytrip to Kashan, Fin Garden (UNESCO site).
Overnights at Abbasi Hotel.
Day 11-12: United Arab Emirate; Zighy Bay & the Musandam Peninsula, Oman
• Fly to U.A.E., drive to Musandam Bay, Oman.
• Variety of activities on land and in the water including safari through Wadi Khab Al Shamsi.
• Evening cruise by traditional dhow.
Overnights at Six Senses Hideaway Zighy Bay.
Day 13-14: Tirana, Berat, Albania
• Fly to Tirana, cultural tour including Fountain of Mother Teresa, Skanderbeg Square, National Gallery.
• Day-trip to old Berat (UNESCO site), castle, Onufri Icon Museum.
Overnights at Sheraton Tirana Hotel & Towers.
Day 15-17: Bucharest, Bucegi Mountains, Bucovina, Romania
• Fly to Bucharest, city tours.
• Daytrip to Bucegi Mountains and Peles Castle, ethnographic open-air museum, and Bucovina.
Overnights at Grand Hotel Continental.
Day 18-19: Basque Country, Spain
• Fly to Spain.
• Tour the Basque Country with options to San Sebastián, San Telmo Museum, Guggenheim Bilbao, and Biarritz, France.
Overnights at Hotel Maria Cristina.
Day 20-21: Douro Valley, Portugal
• Fly to Portugal.
• Douro Valley wine estate visit and tasting, cruise the Douro River.
Overnights at Six Senses Douro Valley.
Day 22: Lisbon
• Fly to Lisbon, farewell dinner.
Overnight at Four Seasons Hotel Ritz
Day 23: Lisbon; United States
• Fly home.
Per person sharing room from $77,950
Single supplement from $8,650
Per person sharing room from $80,950
Single supplement from $8,950
For more information, to book, or to speak to an R. Crusoe & Son tour specialist, please call us at 800-585-8555.
About Our Private Jet.
We take to the skies in the grandest style, starting with our own Boeing 757-200ER, a versatile and spacious aircraft that works well for both short- and long-range flights.
And it’s all ours.
The entire plane has been reconfigured with just 52 seats (normally there are 233 seats aboard). These Italian leather seats open to 180-degree flat beds, perfect for longer flights or when you want some shut-eye between extraordinary destinations.
Here are other features of the private jet you should know about:
- 6.5 feet of personal space when the seat is fully reclined
- Global Wi-Fi connectivity, in-seat power outlets, and USB ports
- On-demand in-flight entertainment
- Complimentary iPads and Bose noise-cancelling headsets
- Custom mood lighting, spacious overhead bins, and venetian blinds
- Rear privacy screens and personal ottomans with storage
- An experienced, dedicated English-speaking flight crew at your service throughout the journey
- In-flight menus designed by an executive chef using the freshest ingredients
- VIP luggage service—our staff takes care of your bags throughout the journey
Expedition leaders are on hand for informational presentations, insights, and Q&A. They travel with us throughout the journey. Knowledgeable local guides, town officials, and honored guests pepper the journey with intriguing insights.
Yet another perk you get traveling by private jet: the total absence of hassle. The old rules no longer apply. Borders? What borders? Clear customs (your baggage, too) with the wave of a hand. Airport lines? Boarding passes? Tardy flight crews? Inflexible commercial air routes? Don’t know what you mean. Security, on the other hand, meets the very strictest requirements.
Plane, deplane. So elegantly simple.
Call us to start planning
(M-F 9-5 CST)