Italian Triumvirate. A Firsthand Family Look at Italy's Greatest Cities.
The way to a kid’s heart is through his or her stomach. Which is why, on a jaunt through the best of Italy, we’ve planned a pasta-making lesson, a pizza-making lesson, a gelato stop. Between bites, there’s time at some of the highlights in Venice, Florence, Rome, and beyond. Get inside a gondola workshop. Learn the gladiator’s art of battle during an afternoon of training (staged battle to follow). Create your own Carnevale masks. And much, much more.
Your children will thank you.
Type:Custom Journeys/Family Journeys
This unusual nine-day journey was created for a family that expressed a particular interest in the history and culture of Venice, Florence, and Rome. Please remember that R. Crusoe & Son will create an Italy journey of any length to fit the needs and wishes of your own family, to address the particular interests of your children (and the adults among you), to add age-appropriate activities, and to create a tour just for you and yours.
Day 1: United States
• Overnight flight to Italy.
Overnight in flight
Day 2-3: Venice, Italy
• Land in Venice, leisure time, gondola workshop.
• City tour including Piazza San Marco, Doges' Palace with private visit to closed area, Bridge of Sighs, create your own Carnevale masks.
Overnights in Venice
Day 4: Florence
• Eurostar train first-class seats to Florence.
• City walking tour including Piazza Duomo, cathedral, campanile, and baptistry, Galleria dell'Academia reserved entry (no waiting in line).
Overnight in Florence
Day 5: Pisa, Lucca, Florence
• Drive to Pisa, Tower of Pisa.
• Lucca old town, pasta-making class with lunch, walking tour.
• Return to Florence.
Overnight in Florence
Day 6: Florence, Rome
• Ponte Vecchio, Uffizi reserved entry (no waiting in line).
• Train to Rome.
• Panoramic city tour including Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Piazza Navona and Church of Sant' Agnese, gelato.
Overnight in Rome
Day 7-8: Rome
• Imperial Rome tour including Forum, Triumphal Arch of Constantine, Colosseum, Church of San Clemente and underground excavations, Jewish Catacombs, Capitoline Hill, Santa Maria in Aracoeli, Piazza del Campodoglio, Capitoline Museum.
• Gladiator School lesson and mock battle.
• Vatican City including Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Square and Basilica.
• Leisure time.
• Pizza-making lesson and dinner.
Overnights in Rome
Day 9: Rome; United States
• Fly home.
Call us to start planning
(M-F 9-5 CST)